Saturday 10 May 2014

Bout of Books 10.

Bout of Books

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 12th and runs through Sunday, May 18th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 10 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team


Hey guys so its time for another Bout of Books Read-a-Thon! This seriously has come around at the right time for me, as I've been in a reading funk for a while now, and I'm super behind on my reading goal on Goodreads, so what better way to have fun and read all the books! And that's what Bout of Books is about reading books and having fun, (I think this is like my 4th Bout of Books I'm taking part in). Here are some of the books I'm planning to read. I also have copies of Sarah Alderson's newest releases Come Back to Me and Out of Control, which I hope to read too.



MY GOALS

To read at least three of the books pictured or listed above.
Take part in one Twitter chat
Complete two challenges.

I have some pretty neat books to look forward to, so will hopefully be able to meet my goal of reading three books. Bout of Books isn't about the pressure to read all the books, but I love chatting with new people during this read-a-thon and discovering new books. I will be updating my progress on my Twitter here and on this blog post. Of course being the reader that I am, I will most likely have some hot drink to keep me company, so will be sharing my reading updates on my Instagram here. If you're taking part in Bout of Books I'd love to see what you plan to read, so feel free to leave me a link in the comments. Good luck!


13 comments:

Siiri said...

I have only taken part of one I think if even that, but I love readathons! I'm so sad I can't take part in this one, but hopefully in the next one. I love this stack of books as you probably guessed on Instagram and I can't wait to see what you think :) I hope you get out of your slump wit hthe help of these amazing reads. Yay for Alderson's books, I'm sure you'll enjoy them :) Good luck, Jas!

Tanja - Tanychy said...

And another year when my exams won't let me be part of this. Well, I'm used to it. Anyhow you've got some amazing books to read and I cannot wait to see what you think of them. Good luck, Jasprit :)

Keertana said...

Jasprit, I really enjoyed DoGaM and Going Over is such a quick, but beautiful, read. I'm especially excited to see what you think of Landline -- loooove Rowell's books and this latest just sounds so good. Good luck, dear! I'm still contemplating whether or not to join this one...

Unknown said...

oh wow those look very excellent! Good luck with that :) I hope you get to read all those lovely books.

Glass said...

Good luck, Jasprit. I decided to participate too. :) We will see if I'd be able to pull it off.
You have to read Landline first - I want to see what you'll think about it. I am huge R. Rowell fan.

Sam (Realm of Fiction) said...

I loved Dreams, and can't wait to read Jenny Han's book. I wasn't sure about it at first, but the reviews have been brilliant so far. Good luck with the challenge, Jasprit, and happy reading! :)

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I've wanted to do a read-a-thon for awhile now. This week might actually work for me...I'll have to sign up still though, so I'll probably do an announcement post tomorrow.

Carina Olsen said...

Yay :D Have fun Jasprit. <33 Landline looks so pretty. Sigh. Gorgeous book :) Happy reading. <3

Amanda said...

I'm participating in Bout of Books this week as well. We'll have to cheer each other on, Jasprit! Looks like we both have mainly contemporary picks - which I feel are always the best for these challenges, after all. I'm definitely interested in reading your thoughts on Landline and To All the Boys I've Loved Before. Good luck!

Joy said...

Good luck on this read-a-thon, Jasprit. I'll be looking out for your thoughts on these books. :)

LisaFicTalk said...

I've seen so much talk about the Bout of Books Read-a-thon and was seriously contemplating participating in it as a way to get through some of my review books but I've decided it would be a bit hard to do that this week as I'm busy, but hopefully, maybe, there's another read-a-thon coming up later that I can join... or I'll just do my own. lol.

Good Luck on your challenges, Jasprit! :D

Lauren @ Love is not a triangle said...

Ooooh. I want to read Landline and Going Over! Curious how you like Dreams of Gods and Monsters. Enjoy BoB! One day I'll try it out. Right now, I can't commit any more time to reading than I do already.

Rachael said...

The Daughter of Smoke and Bone is a trilogy I have wanted to start, but haven't. Now that all the books are out it really is time I start the series. I hope you enjoy and have a great week of reading.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...